Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome to my blog

It brings me great joy that you stopped here today and decided to see what it's like to live in the days of an era long gone. I have often been an outcast by a number of groups and people due to my thoughts and beliefs that have now been replaced by the speedy and faster times of the modern age. It seems that everyone wants things done quickly and much of civilization has taken their so called privileges for granted...i.e. electricity for instance. Of course we all need to be one with modernization, but the less I have of it in my life, the easier my life is to live and the less headaches I have to deal with.

But why on God's green earth would I want to live without all these high tech fandagled doohickeys? Simple! Life at one time, was much easier and in turn made people more reliant on themselves. They were far more educated, more smart, more rugged and stood up for their beliefs. The greed that has plagued the world today is an utter disgrace and everyone is trying to get rich somehow, but true happiness doesn't come in riches of wealth, it's in of family, of traditions, of living more simple. That is what the old fashioned times of the early 1900's and before based their beliefs on and this is how I live.

So this blog will be a morbid of information based on those very traditions. What you will find here is information and ideas on gardening, hobbies, self reliance, relationships, and news. What you wont find here is political hoopla or survivalism heck bent on taking over the gov't. Of course some of my beliefs will always be argued and that is to be expected as everyone has their own views and I welcome those views, but please understand that I am trying to represent a life that no longer exists in this day and age.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to all the homesteading advice and adventures I am sure you will be posting here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, yep, I am looking forward to posting more. Hopefully by the weekend I'll have some photos :)

    ReplyDelete