Monday, October 12, 2009

Snowing in October?






Egads, just what I don't want to see this early in the Autumn season...snow! Wisconsin is expected to see 1-3 inches of the white stuff by Tuesday morning. I guess this is a just a warning of what is to come at the end of November which is usually our start to winter. The last time it snowed in October was October 17th 1909 and most of the state had 2-4 inches. Good thing that tomorrow it will melt, though snow showers are expected throughout the week. As you can tell by the photos, it's pretty heavy to cover the ground. I'm certainly happy that I wont be driving in this stuff as I am sure idiots will forget how to drive and be sliding all over the place. I dislike staying indoors as with this white crap, I have no choice. It's a good thing I helped the parents rake leaves yesterday...more on that shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I love snow on fall leaves still on the trees! nice woodpile too!
    I made a garden journal album on facebook instead of my blog
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=74085&id=616102765&l=072661262e

    ReplyDelete